Ooooh. I found my pictures for these cookies and immediately became happy.
Do your cookies do that?
They could if you make these.
Peanut butter is funny. Did you know it’s really an American thing? Either that or a bunch of my international friends think that it’s really strange.
When I was studying in England, my flat mates made fun of me for how much of it I would eat (I really like peanut butter…). I know Kai also struggled to find it when he was in Spain.
Anyways. Peanut butter cookies.
Really, these were excellent, especially with tea.
I dipped half of mine in a chocolate ganache which made them even better.
Chocolate and peanut butter is always a good idea.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, all natural chunky
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a med bowl.
3. In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar and honey until mixture is creamy.
4. Stir in egg and vanilla until you can’t see any more egg.
5. Stir in the flour mix in three parts to avoid getting it everywhere while you stir. Mix it in until just combined.
6. Spoon 1 inch balls about 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. You could also just use un-greased baking sheets. Flatten balls with the tines of a fork in a crisscross pattern and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden on top.
…then dip in them chocolate if you want an awesome experience.
Mmm these really were good. I’m gonna have to make them again.
You should too.
Then report back.