Tomorrow is Labor Day. Allow me to make you a list of the positives and negatives
- I can’t wear white shorts any more (Considering I’ve already gotten them dirty, this may not be a problem Also – let’s be honest, no one cares)
- The sun will now set before I leave work, which will cause me to cry every night
- My commute will now take 2x longer
- I have to find my jacket
- My perpetually cold hands will no longer feel refreshing
- Summer is “over”
…that’s all I’ve got.
However! Thanks to climate change, who knows when the summer will really end?
So to enable the continuation of your summer fun, I give you:
One part popsicle
One Two part alcohol
I really don’t think I need to put much of a plug in for these. It’s alcoholic childhood. If you like pina coladas, but not getting caught in the rain, you should just make these. Even if you like getting caught in the rain. Make these. Then stand in rain with popsicle.
Labor Day BBQ? You’ll be a big hit. Because sometimes life needs some alcohol in your popsicle.
Get to it.
Pina Colada Boozesicle
Adapted from Shutterbean
- 3 cups chopped fresh pineapple (I used canned. It was fine.)
- 1/3 cup well-shaken canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light rum (let’s be honest. I splashed more than this in)
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until delicious. Pour mixture into popsicle molds, and freeze until firm, about 24 hours.
Happy popsicle freezing!
p.s. don’t drip popsicle juice on your white shorts.